12 Facts About Farting You Probably Didn’t Know
Ladies and gentlemen, you should ask yourself – how much do you really know about farts (besides the fact that they sound and smell “weird”, and come out from the bum). Here are 12 things you should know about farts:
- Did you know that men fart more than women? Ladies?!
- The meaning of the word fart is wind from the anus. This word was coined in 1962.
- You’ll be surprised when we tell you that an average person farts around 14 times a day.
- Those 14 farts a day are enough to fill up a balloon.
- You should know that a healthy digestive tract produces farts. So, ladies and gentlemen, if you are not farting at all, go to the doctor.
- Farts are made up of hydrogen sulfide that reduces mitochondrial damage. Did you know that smelling farts can be healthy? So, the next time someone farts, you should take a nice deep breath and thank the person.
- Female farts are much stinkier, because females have higher concentration of hydrogen sulfide. Female farts are healthier to smell.
- Farts go as fast as 10 ft./sec.
- You should also know that if you have very tight sphincter you will produce louder farts as they have smaller tighter area to squeeze out from.
- Gum and soda will make you fart more. So, if you know somebody who farts a lot and they drink a lot of soda and chew gum, you should hide it from them.
- We fart a lot when we sleep.
- Termites are animals which produce the most fart. Camels, zebras, sheep, cows, elephants, and dogs (especially labs and retrievers) are next.