The pH scale (potential hydrogen) runs from 0 to 14 – with 7 as the neutral middle. This means that if the substance’s pH is less than 7, then this substance is acid. But, on the other hand, basic or alkaline substance has a pH greater than 7. We drink tap water every day, but our tap water is generally a mixture of chlorine, antibiotics, hormones and other heavy metals that will go inside your organism. This means that impure tap water can weaken our immune system and cause many different diseases and health conditions (when the immune system is vulnerable).
Every organ in the human body is affected by acidity. Our lungs, bones, brain, heart, liver, kidneys, stomach, intestines and skin. Well, this means that if your body is too acidic, then you’re not going to feel so good. When our bodies become too acidic, we feel sick, without energy, fatigue, digestive problems, weight gain and other bad side effects.
According to the experts, up to 95% of all cancers have acidic environment behind them. They also claim that cancers can’t survive in an alkaline environment – where the pH level is 7.36 or more. Acidosis (high levels of acidity) is related with other diseases like: osteoporosis, diabetes, heart disease and almost all other chronic diseases which we suffer from nowadays.
Here are 20 signs that your body is too acidic:
- Excess mucus/ phlegm
- Persistent Cough
- Chest Pain
- Persistent Fatigue
- Sinus Concerns
- Neurological conditions like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and dementia
- Decreased mental clarity
- Cardiovascular damage caused by acidic plaques– increased threat of cardiac arrest and stroke
- Bladder and kidney infections
- Immune shortage
- Skin issues like eczema, acne, rashes, and dermatitis of all types
- Stomach problems consisting of bloating, indigestion, acid reflex and excess gas
- Yeast and yeast infections
- Weight gain and/or obesity
- Allergic reactions
- Sciatica and stiff neck
- Cavities and sensitive gums
- Joint discomfort and aching muscles
The human body needs to maintain a balanced pH level – in order to stay healthy. Well, this means that when we eat acid-forming foods, the body tries to balance the blood’s pH level by releasing alkaline-rich minerals into the bloodstream, such as calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. And – if we aren’t eating enough alkaline-forming foods, the body has to pull these minerals from our bones, teeth and organs, which can cause fatigue and compromise the immune system, making us more vulnerable to illness. In this article we’re going to show you 7 tips how to decrease the levels of acidity in your body.
Useful tips to decrease your level of acidity:
- Make sure you drink a lot of filtered water every day. Spring water is a good choice. This will help you flush the harmful toxins from your body – much faster.
- You should eliminate acidic foods from your diet. Foods and drinks like soda, popcorn, dairy, pastries, alcohol, coffee, white vinegar, sweeteners, meat, wheat products, eggs, fish, soy and seafood.
- You should consume more greens, because they’re extremely alkalizing. Green shakes, green juices, salads, etc.!
- Did you know that your emotions can impact the pH levels in your body? Anger, fear, animosity and jealousy will increase the acidity. So, you should meditate or practice yoga. It will help you de-stress.
- This is very important for you to remember – you should definitely avoid GMO foods.
- Consume alkaline-forming foods– vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, beans and legumes.
- Drink lemon water in the morning!