20 Unusual Facts About Pee You Should Definitely Know
November 4, 2016
Yes, we know – this is weird, but interesting! Did you know that pee can whiten the teeth, but there is something else you might have not known about it. Let’s find out.
20 UNUSUAL FACTS ABOUT PEE YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY KNOW
- Did you know that 95% of the urine is water? Interesting, right?
- As we said, you can also use pee to whiten your teeth. According to the experts, the Romans loved pee so much that the doctors used to advise their patients to wash their teeth with pee in order to whiten them. Well, ladies and gentlemen, it may sound crazy, but the urine contains ammonia which makes the teeth become whiter;
- An average person pees about 7 times a day, however, this varies on the amount of the drinks and food you consume;
- You should also know that an average urine lasts for 7 seconds, but in case it is less than 7 seconds, and you feel the need to go, then it might be that you have an infection;
- This is also very interesting – an adult bladder can hold 300-500 ml of urine;
- And yes, you’re wrong – if you thought that women pee from their vaginas;
- There is a popular belief that the pain of a jellyfish sting can be alleviated by peeing on the affected spot, but it has not been proven;
- Guys, if you visit the men’s bathroom more often, this means that your health is at high level and also provides information that your kidneys, heart, and liver function properly;
- Your pee color talks a lot about your health, but – you probably already knew this one, right?
- This is very important for you to know – in case you pee smells sweet, then it might be a sign of diabetes;
- And, remember – if the pee smells foul, then it might be a sign of an infection and it might be due to spilling glucose to proteins into the urine;
- You should also know that there are more than 3,000 other components in the urine, including chloride, potassium, and sodium;
- You should also know that foods like garlic, coffee, and junk food can make your pee smell bad, but this may be controlled if you stay well-hydrated;
- Did you know that not peeing enough is a condition and it has its own name? Yes, it’s called oliguria;
- The presence of nitrogen in the urine is used to prepare gun powder;
- The experts also say that there’s a condition where one person is not able to pee if other people are near them and it is called paruresis, or pee shyness;
- And, don’t forget – you should not feel embarrassed if you pee when you sneeze, exercise, or laugh, as it is normal. This situation is called Stress Urinary Intolerance;
- Pee was used as gas masks during World War 1 by the Canadian soldiers, thus they soaked up hankies or socks in urine and then cover their faces with it. This was believed to be the best process for breathing then;
- This is also very interesting – the morning pee is very acidic compared to the pee during the day;
- The stream of the urine among men is wider than in men.
We really hope you enjoyed this article and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You and have a good one!
error: Content is protected !!