Believe It or Not, Your Poop Can Tell If You Are Healthy or Not!
We know that it’s really uncomfortable to talk about poop. But, ladies and gentlemen, it’s very important for you to know certain things about it, because it can reveal a lot about your health. Defecation is a crucial body function, which means that when there are changes in the bowel movements, it might be a sign of a certain disease or condition. The stool is around 75% water and the rest is a combination of fiber, dead and living bacteria, different cells and mucus. A normal poop is usually smooth and soft, elongated, and whole. The poop should be S-shaped. And, when it comes to healthy poop color, it is definitely medium to light brown.
- Small and hard lumpy poop – this type of poop might be a sign of acute inflammation of the small intestine. This type of poop is small, abrasive, and solid, with a diameter of 1-2 centimeters. But, sometimes, this type of poop can occur in people who are using antibiotics and it usually causes anal bleeding.
- Sausage shaped poop with lumps – it’s very difficult to pass and it can cause anal bleeding. The diameter is between 3-5 centimeters and it’s common among people who suffer from IBS.
- Sausage shaped stool with cracked surface – this type is very similar to the previous one. And, the only difference is that this one is processed much faster.
- Sausage-shaped poop, smooth, and soft – this type of poop is common among people who defecate every day.
- Soft blobs of stool with defined edges – it’s common in people who defecate a few times a day, after major meals.
- Fluffy poop with ragged and torn edges – it has a soft texture and the experts warn that it may be a potential sign of high blood pressure and stress.
- Diarrhea type of stool – depending on the odor and color, this type of poop may be a warning sign that you’re suffering from some disease.
- Black or bright red stool – you should know that this poop is a sign of bleeding in the GIT.
- Pale brown or white stool – it might be a symptom of hepatitis, cirrhosis, or pancreatic disease.
- Yellow-colored poop – according to the experts, the poop is yellow when a person is experiencing gallbladder problems.
The unpleasant smell of poop may be a sign of different health problems, such as:
- Cystic fibrosis
- Celiac disease
- Problems with digestion and absorption