How To Balance Your pH Levels and Find Out if You are Too Acidic
The importance of the pH level in the body was discovered back in 1923 by a German scientist Otto Heinrich Warburg for which he got the Nobel Prize for Medicine in 1931. Low pH level in the body is caused when the body lacks oxygen, so in the process the cells get acidic.
The main reason why pH level has become overly important and much discussed lately is because it was discovered that it is tightly connected to the growth of cancer cells in our body and, as some studies have shown, the reason for getting cancer lies in the high acidity in the body. Other than cancer, it is connected with numerous of different diseases such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease and obesity.
What are the normal levels of pH in our bodies and what causes them to get imbalanced?
The pH chart goes from 0 to 14, where 0-7 is a state where the body is acidic and presents an environment for disease development and 7-14 is when the body is alkaline. The ideal pH level for a normal person is between 7.40 and 7.45.
The reason our body has a pH lower than 7, and therefore becomes acidic, is eating processed food especially processed sugar and living a non active life, because working out drives oxygen to our body and our cells and keeps the pH level optimal.
How to keep our pH level ideal?
Here are some tips on how to keep that pH level above 7. Try implementing them in your lifestyle and protect yourself from various diseases.
- Cut out sugar altogether. Fruit is okay in moderation. But never ever eat any refined or processed sugars – no corn syrup, no agave, no maltose, no aspartame.
- Eat raw organic fresh vegetable juices in the morning for breakfast. You can buy a juicer that squeezes the juices out of the vegetable, they’re much better. The centrifugal juicers oxidise the nutrients.
- Practice Yoga with a highly skilled and caring Yoga teacher. The ideal is to work one on one with a teacher who is interested in you and can design the practice around your needs. The practice of Yoga cleanses the acids from the joints and organs through moving the body with love and intelligence, and breathing.
- Avoid toxic fats like transfats. Fried foods that have not been cooked with coconut oil generally are acidic. So the only oil I recommend you cook with is coconut oil. The benefits of coconut oil are many fold.
- Essential fragrant oils are highly alkalizing. They are the plant essence. This means they have a special frequency that the body and mind recognize. Applied to the air or the body the electromagnetic vibration increase cell resonance. The most powerful fragrant oils for alkalizing are 1. Myrrh, 2. Frankincense, 3. Spikenard, and 4. Sandalwood.
- Sunbathing in the morning sun for fifteen minutes each day plays a very important role in maintaining alkalinity and pH balance. It is best to have a shower before and afterward. This helps to cleanse out heavy toxins in the body.
- Stop using commercial soaps, shampoos, deodorants, creams, toothpastes and mouthwashes. Not only do the often have a massive chemical load that makes you acidic, but they also often suppress the body’s natural functions like sweating, which actually helps to eliminate acid, and pushes the acid back into the lymph nodes. This can increase the risk of cancer and weakens the immune system.
- Stop drinking fluoridated tap water. Tap water is crap water. Buy a good quality water filter. Sodium fluoride is a toxic poison that is not fit for human consumption. Chlorine is likewise terrible for your gut and oxidizes you.
- It is a great discipline to twice a week skip your regular lunch meal and have something extremely alkalizing instead. Here are some of the most highly alkalizing foods you can eat for lunch:
-Cucumber (best taken in the morning or lunch, not at night)
10.Cut right down on meat. Meat is very acidic. Especially red meat.