The Cancer-Fighting Salad Everyone Should Be Eating Once a Week (With ACV, avocado and MORE)
To be honest with you, I really think that salads are boring. Don’t you agree? But, you shouldn’t be worried, because this recipe is loaded with nourishing ingredients to help boost your energy levels, promote clear skin, and keep your immune system strong. Yes, and you should also know that this salad recipe is packed with antioxidants, protein, and healthy fats which makes it a well-rounded salad that your body will crave.
Spinach is awesome. First, you should know that this low-calorie super food is packed with essential nutrients responsible for the healthy functioning of your body. The experts also say that spinach is high in vitamin C, which plays a vital role in the synthesis of collagen that your body needs to maintain healthy hair and skin. In addition, consuming this leafy green comes with the following health benefits:
- First, you should know that spinach contains an antioxidant that lowers blood sugar levels.
- This super healthy vegetable helps protect your body from cancer as its chlorophyll content blocks the carcinogenic effects of chemicals that are produced when you cook foods at high temperatures.
- Spinach’s potassium content lowers blood pressure.
- This super healthy food contains high amounts of vitamin K, which contributes to bone health.
- Spinach is also high in fiber and promotes healthy digestion.
- A rich source of beta-carotene, spinach helps lower the risk of developing asthma.
And, don’t forget – spinach is good source of magnesium, which boosts your metabolism and supports your immune system.
To be honest with you, I really think that no fat is better than healthy fat. Well, this means that avocados are a great example of this. Not only is this creamy fruit able to satisfy your palate, it also provides you with an array of health benefits:
- Avocados help balance your cholesterol levels
- It contains high amounts of beta-carotene, the same antioxidant found in carrots that is responsible for helping you maintain healthy vision
- Another good source of vitamin K
- Contains folate, which helps keep your brain healthy and lowers the risk of depression
You should also know that avocados are good for digestive health and maintaining regular bowel movements
If your goal is to lose a couple of pounds, then you should start chowing down on a handful of pecans. They are loaded with fatty acids that help control your weight. Pecans also contain antioxidants that protect your body by destroying harmful free radicals and warding off diseases, cancer and infections.
Many experts think that pomegranates are an amazing fruit that are both delicious and healthy. Health benefits of pomegranates include:
- These super healthy fruits have antioxidant, antiviral and anti-tumor properties (their antioxidant content is triple that of wine or green tea)
- Pomegranates also help in maintaining healthy blood circulation
- It also cures stomach disorders
- It can help you treat diabetes and cancer
- Soothes sore throats
- It will also help you cleanse your skin
- It reduces inflammation
- Its antiviral and antibacterial properties reduce plaque and helps you maintain good oral health
You should also know that pomegranates can be consumed in a variety of ways, such as drinking it in juice form, using it to make molasses or eating its seeds. Note: and, the following salad recipe contains each of the above ingredients and will allow you to reap all of the health benefits that were mentioned plus more!
Superfood Spinach Salad
- Serves: 1-2
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 2 minutes
You will need the following ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups organic spinach leaves
- 1/2 avocado, sliced into pieces
- 1/3 cup organic cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup organic blackberries
- 1/3 cup raw pecans
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tbs. avocado oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Here’s what you need to do – first, in a large bowl, add all of the salad ingredients.
- Then, in a mason jar, add all of the dressing ingredients.
- Make sure you shake the jar well until all of the ingredients have been combined.
- Drizzle the dressing on top of the salad.
- Toss the salad so all of the ingredients are coated with the dressing.
- Serve and enjoy! Thanks for reading and don’t forget to share.