Cashew Nutrition: Absolutely the Best Treatment for Depression without Medication
There is so little attention paid to cashew nuts, even though they are considered to be one of the healthiest food. Mostly coming from the countries of Nigeria, Tanzania, Mozambique and Brazil, this is why they are the best ally to your health.
Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts
1. These nuts are packed with calories. About 50 grams of Cashew Nuts contain 275 calories. In addition, they are rich in vitamins, soluble dietary fiber, minerals and many phytochemicals that prevent diseases, including cancers.
2. Cashews are also packed with monounsaturated fatty acids good for the heart health like palmitoleic and oleic acids. They belong to the group of essential fatty acids that can decrease the level of harmful LDL cholesterol and increase the level of good HDL cholesterol in our blood.
Scientific studies have shown that the so-called Mediterranean diet which is mostly based on monounsaturated fatty acids can help the system protect itself from strokes and coronary artery disease by supporting the blood lipid profile.
3. These tasty nuts are rich in essential minerals too. Some of the most useful minerals found in cashew nuts are magnesium, potassium, manganese, copper, selenium, zinc and iron.
Only a handful of these nuts on a daily basis can provide the necessary amount of these minerals and protect you from deficiency-related diseases. Selenium is a very important micronutrient and it works as a co-factor for antioxidant enzymes like Glutathione peroxides known as one of the strongest antioxidants in human body. Copper acts as a co-factor for many important enzymes too like superoxide dismutase and cytochrome c-oxidase. Zinc plays the same role together with enzymes that are responsible for the regulation of the growth and progress of digestion, gonadal function and DNA synthesis.
4. Cashews can be quite useful in numerous essential vitamins like pyridoxine or vitamin B6, pantothenic acid or vitamin B5, thiamin or vitamin B11 and riboflavin. Just 3.5 Oz (100 gr) of nuts provide about 30% of daily recommended levels of B6 (that’s about 0.147 mg). B6 significantly lowers the chances of developing sideroblastic anemia and homocystinuria.
On the other hand, niacin improves the protection against pellagra or dermatitis. In addition, the aforementioned vitamins are crucial for metabolism of fat, protein and carbs at a cellular level.
5. Furthermore, cashews also contain a small quantity of zeaxanthin, a very important pigment of flavonoid antioxidant, which is selectively absorbed inside the retinal macula in our eyes. It is believed that it provides protective and antioxidant UV ray filtering features and protects us from ARMD or age-related macular degeneration in old people.
These are just some of the benefits of cashew nuts. They are also considered to be a natural antidepressant and can even come as a substitute to Prozac,
This Is how To Treat Depression With Cashews
Just two handfuls of cashews contain between 1.000 and 2.000 mg of tryptophan, which has proven to be equally successful as prescription antidepressants in many cases and the only difference, is that you will avoid the antidepressant side effects. Of course, this is something that big pharma hides from us.
Cashew nuts are an excellent source of tryptophan, a vital amino acid that we need to take through our food. This amino acid helps children grow and develop, regulates our mood, improves sleep, balances our behavior and significantly lowers the level of stress, depression and anxiety.
According to David Adams, FDA Deputy Commissioner for Policy who was part of the Drug Information Association Annual Meeting in 1993, we must pay close attention to the things that are happening around dietary supplements and the legal arena. If the producers of natural remedies manage to get the support, there will be a completely new class of products that will be competing with existing drugs. This is why there is need for a special law that will regulate the supplements.
In addition, the FDA Dietary Task Force has released a report in 1993, saying that the existence and selling of dietary supplements won’t jeopardize the efforts to create new drugs.
As you are probably aware, big pharma is a huge business, but there is much safer and effective natural depression treatment that they want to hide from us, because they will lose a lot of money.
Article source: healthandlovepage.com