We all love to sleep an extra couple minutes in the morning, and there is no shame in that. Actually, sleeping is amazing for our bodies!
Although it seems like nothing good ever comes from snoozing for an extra ten minutes in the morning, but there is actually quite a bit of benefits obtained by snoozing. In fact, if you are getting the correct amount of sleep every night, you experience a giant reduction in pain! Many studies have shown a link between sleep loss and lower pain threshold. Although being in pain can make it hard to sleep, if you can achieve slumber it will actually make an injury feel better!
Other studies have even discovered that getting appropriate amounts of sleep can even increase your sex life! According to the poll conducted by the National Sleep Foundation, up to 26% of people say their sex lives tend to suffer because they’re just too tired. They also discovered that men who had less sleep also experienced testosterone hormone disruptions. It is essential to your health that you are getting the correct amount of sleep.
Here is the recommended hours of sleep, according to your age:
- Newborns- 0-3 months -14-17 hours- At the 2 AM feeding it may not seem like they sleep this much, but they typically do.
- Infants- 4-11 months- 12-15 hours
- Toddlers- 1-2 years- 11-14 hours
- Pre-school 3-5 years – 10-13 hours
- School-age children 6-12 years- 9-11 hours
- Teen- 13-17 years – 8-10 hours-Teens are not getting sufficient sleep will typically be those wanting to spend the weekend day in bed.
- Young adults- 18-25 years- 7-9 hours
- Adults-26-64 years-7-9 hours
- Older adults 65+ -7-8 hours