Background to ‘Fatness’
We all know that it’s very difficult to lose and keep proper body weight, because we all love food, right? People nowadays, even young people, are gaining weight much faster than before. Even the small children are sometimes fat or overweight. There are some rare and severe cases, in which some children are born clinically obese! Take this for example – in India, there are some districts where 40% of people are fat, and soon, half of the world’s population will become fat!
Problems with being overweight
You should know that being overweight can cause you many problems and difficulties, such as:
- First, you need to know that overweight people have greater risk of many different health problems and diseases, such as: high blood pressure, diabetes, cardiac problems, ulcers, digestive disorders, gout, thyroid problems, etc.;
- You should also know that overweight can cause you physical and psychological stress;
- And, if you are overweight, you will consume more food than your body needs. According to the latest statistics, more than 1/3 of the worlds population consumes 50% more food than they actually need, and over nutrition will soon pass half of the world’s population. So, if we all eat how much we should and need, we can solve the food and water shortage easily.
Why do we become overweight?
Gaining weight – that’s easy right? But, you should know that it can be caused by many different reasons and factors. And the real problem is that we don’t notice the actual problem, until it’s too late. Here are some of the most important reasons why we gain extra weight:
- Unhealthy lifestyle – erratic work time, sleeping late, insomnia, etc.;
- No physical activity – a lot of people around the world work in the office, and after work they don’t bother to go to the gym, or run, or just walk. They drive from home to work, and sit in the office all day. We all spend too much time in front of the PC, and entertainment doesn’t mean going out like it did before.
- Eating junk food – many people around the world eat fast (junk) food far too often, and even the supposedly healthy food is not exactly healthy. You should be focused more on healthy food, fruits, veggies, nuts, etc.
- Too much processed food that contains high amounts of sodium;
- Flour, bread, bakes, pastries and fried food – these are just some of the foods we consume every day.
Are we overweight?
Here comes the million-dollar question – how can you know if you are overweight? Well, here are a few things that can help with that:
- Weigh yourself and see if you gained few extra pounds in the last couple of week? So, if you gained, then you need to start making some diet and lifestyle changes;
- Fat percentage and waist to hip ratio can tell you if you’re getting fat. There are established ranges that shouldn’t be passed. For women, the range is 25% – a 2-3% increase should be fine. However, if you were 22% before, and now you’re 25%, you need to be careful. Don’t check your BMI or lean body mass – it will confuse you;
- This is also very useful tip – the best way to find out that you have gained weight is with your clothes. This is one of the easiest indicators of becoming fat;
- Has anyone recently told you that you gained weight? If yes, consider doing some lifestyle changes;
- Are you eating more and getting frequent cravings?
Fast weight loss diet plan
So, if you think that you are overweight, then it’s time to make some lifestyle changes and start with a healthy diet plan. Just look through our website and you will find the one that suits you. And make sure you follow these simple rules as well:
- Eat less than you feel you need. You should consume small meals, so you could feel hungry every 3 hours;
- Don’t drink water during and after meals;
- You should choose a liquid diet, with different soups and milk. 25-30% of your diet should be liquid, while the rest can be solid food;
- Don’t drink too much coffee, tea, soft drinks, canned juice and alcohol;
- Don’t eat after 8 PM. If you’re feeling hungry, grab a cup of milk or a piece of fruit;
- Snacks – you can have lime juice, smoothies, seasonal fruit or salad. But, you should avoid snacks more than 4 times a day;
- You should start and end your day with a glass of warm water;
- You should definitely avoid junk food – fried foods, processed foods, pizza, hot-dog, canned food, sweets, pastries, foods rich in sodium or chemicals and preservatives;
- Consume lightly cooked vegetarian food;
- Walk at least four times a day for 15 minutes, usually before meals.
We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.