Why This Fruit Might Be Better Than Lipitor For Managing Your Cholesterol
STUDY CONFIRMS – a group of cardiac patients were divided into two groups. The first group received their medications plus a placebo and the other group received their medications plus pomegranate juice. After 3 months, stress-induced angina episodes decreased by 50% in the pomegranate group and actually increased by 37% in the placebo group.
Another, more recent study measured atherosclerosis (thickening of the arterial wall), the major risk factor for a heart attack or stroke. A group of cardiac patients were divided into two groups. The first group took statin drugs only, while another group received statin drugs plus pomegranate juice. In the drugs-only group, the arterial wall thickened by 9% a year, while the drugs plus pomegranate group showed a 35% reversal in arterial wall thickening.
According to the experts, pomegranates support the function of nitric oxide, which is involved in the constant repair of the cells that line the arterial walls. An antioxidant, pomegranate was shown to reduce the oxidative status of the bad cholesterol by a whopping 90%.
How to Open a Pomegranate? Follow the simple instructions:
- First, you need to fill a large bowl with water.
- Then, using a sharp knife, make two deep, long slits on top of the pomegranate in the shape of a ‘x’ from stem to crown.
- Do this on a cutting board for more support.
- Place the pomegranate in the bowl of water.
- And now, put your thumbs where you made the ‘x’ shaped slit, and pry open the pomegranate into wedges and pull the wedges apart into manageable pieces.
- Do this underwater to prevent splashing the red juice.
- Gently remove the pith, while keeping the fruit under water. Then use your fingers to gently remove the red seeds. The seeds will sink to the bottom and the membrane and pith will float to the top.
- Pour out the water, reserving the pomegranate seeds. Gently pat dry the pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately or store covered in the fridge.
NOTE: we highly recommend that you should always go for the seeds, rather than a store-bought juice. Why? Well, because this “juice” contains high amounts of sugar. And, one last thing – if you really want to get the full benefits of this amazing fall fruit, don’t throw out the white pith! It is rich in amazing bioflavinoids and micronutrients for your lymph, microcirculation, and even cellulite that are just not available in the seeds. Thank for your time and don’t forget to share.
Source: Expand Your Consciousness