How to Grow an Endless Supply of Garlic Indoors
Other than being one of the healthiest food out there, garlic is also easy to be grown indoors. It is also a much cheaper way than buying it at the grocery store, and of course much healthier.
You’ve all heard of the amazing benefits of garlic and all the things it can do for your body, so let’s just jump to how to grow it in the comfort of your own home.
How to Grow Garlic Indoors
Things You Will Need
- A head of garlic
- Potting soil
- A container
- To grow garlic indoors, all you need is one good garlic head.
- Fill a large pot with potting soil. Break garlic cloves apart and sow each clove vertically into the soil at a depth of 1 inch.
Cover all the cloves with soil. There should be about 1 inch of soil over all the cloves.
- Place the pot in an area that gets plenty of direct sunlight.
- Like any indoor plant, keep a eye on the soil and water it when it starts to dry out.
- Clip off the greens when they are about 3 – 4 inches tall, leaving about an inch or so for it to re-grow. Eventually, the greens will stop growing.
- When it turns brown and dries up, dig the clove of garlic you planted and you should have a full bulb. Take a clove from that and start over!