We all love honey and we can easily say that honey is one of the healthiest ingredients on the planet! Honey contains a variety of vitamins and minerals. The type of vitamins and minerals and their quantity depends on the type of flowers used for apiculture. Commonly, honey contains Vitamin C, Calcium and Iron. If you check the vitamin and mineral content in regular sugar from any other source, you will find it to be completely absent or insignificant.
You should also know that honey has powerful anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, so it is often used as a natural antiseptic in traditional medicines. Honey contains nutraceuticals, which are very effective for the removal of free radicals from the body. As a result, our body immunity is improved against many conditions, even potentially fatal ones like cancer or heart disease.
Honey is almost 80% natural sugar and 18% water, while the remaining 2% are vitamins and minerals, pollen, and protein. The sugar it contains is not bad for you when consumed in moderate amounts. It is quite healthy due to its vitamins and minerals.
Honey – Health Benefits:
- Provides more energy– many professional athletes around the world use honey as an effective pre and post-workout energy source! The million-dollar question – why? Well, that’s easy to answer – because it does not cause blood sugar to drop after the initial spike. It will give you more energy and speed. Instead of drinking soda drinks, which are high in sugar, you should eat a piece of toast with a tablespoon of honey.
- Lowers blood pressure– how this works: well, honey contains carbohydrates which are known as oligosaccharides, which doubles as an antioxidant and an amazing blood-pressure-lowering mechanism, in case you suffer from high blood pressure you may try to incorporate a tablespoon of honey into your daily diet.
- Relieves nausea– well, if you combine honey with lemon – you can use this powerful remedy against nausea. Many pregnant women around the world, who suffer from morning sickness use this procedure. The lemon will help you remove the toxins from an agitated stomach and the honey will improve its cleansing power.
- Treats cough – the experts say that you should consume 2 tsp. of honey – 30 minutes before you go to sleep! Why – because it can suppress a nighttime cough. This is effective for adults and children older than 1.
- Improves sleep– if you mix a bit of honey and Himalayan salt, and consume it before you go to sleep, it will help you sleep like a baby. How this works – well, the Himalayan pink salt is high in magnesium that reduces the stress hormone cortisol, and it will help you fall asleep much easier. The honey supports and improves the functions of the liver and other organs while you sleep. How to use this remedy – well, you should mix 5 tsp of honey and 1 tsp of Himalayan salt, and store it into a jar. Dissolve 1 tsp of this mixture under your tongue before you go to sleep! You will be amazed by the results.
- Heals cuts and burns– the experts say that this is mostly due to its powerful antibiotic properties. How to use it – it’s very simple – you just have to rub it on the affected area. It can also help you get rid of acnes.
- Treats dandruff– did you also know that honey works great against the most severe symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis (scaling and hair loss) and dandruff? How this works – well, this is mostly due to its antifungal, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties. How to use it – you just have to rub a mixture of honey with warm water into your scalp, let it stay for 3 hours, and then gently rinse it off with some warm water. Repeat this procedure each day until the symptoms subside. Maintain a healthy scalp by applying honey once a week.
- Burns fat – you should consume 1 tbs. of honey before you go to sleep! This method can help you burn fat much faster! How this works – well, the honey speeds up the metabolism and reduces stress hormones while you sleep. You can combine it with cinnamon to make a detox tea.
Well, this means that you should consume honey every day! Honey is one of the most delicious ingredient with a tone of health benefits. You can add it into your tea, coffee, or slather or on a piece of a whole-grain toast. We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You and have a nice day!