Onions are awesome! They’re loaded with healthy nutrients and can provide many health benefits. Yes, you should consume onions every day. They can vary in size, shape, color and flavor. The most common types are red, yellow and white onion. Flavors can vary from sweet and juicy with a mild flavor to sharp, spicy, and pungent, often depending on the season in which they are grown and consumed.
Onions are a nutrient-dense food, meaning that while they are low in calories they are high in beneficial nutrients like vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Onion contains high amounts of antioxidants like quercetin, relieving the body from free radicals and preserving its health. Onions can be easily juiced and consumed as such, helping with respiratory diseases because of its cleansing nature.
This amazing vegetable is good for treating and preventing many different health problems, such as cardiovascular diseases, arthritis, high cholesterol levels, diabetes, etc. But, did you know that onions are also very useful against hair loss and gray hair? The experts say that the magical onion is able to reverse gray hair to its natural color, mostly due to its high concentration of catalase. It is an enzyme that can treat graying and thinning hair.
- A group of researchers have revealed that the gray hair is caused by the accumulation of hydrogen peroxide in the hair follicles. This substance causes oxidative stress that causes gray hair. Catalase can catalyze the decomposition reaction of hydrogen peroxide and convert it into water and oxygen. So, onion juice can reverse gray hair and restore the natural color of our hair and stop the hair loss.
- Onion is also a good source of Sulphur, which is very useful and beneficial in the hair growth process – because it increases the collagen production. And using onion juice as a scalp remedy, will help you prevent and stop the hair loss.
In this article we’re going to show you 3 simple recipes, which will help you stop the hair loss process and reverse gray hair to its natural color:
- Squeezed – peel the onion, cut it into two parts and put it in the juicer.
- Liquefied – peel the onion and cut it into four parts. Then, put it in the blender and mix until you get the consistency you want.
- Grated – cut the onion into two halves and place it in a grater. Then grate the onion and squeeze the juice using a muslin cloth.
How to use it:
It’s very simple – you can apply the onion juice directly to your scalp or you can wet a cotton ball and then place it on the affected area. For best results you should leave the onion juice to act for about 30 minutes. Note: you can also cover your hair with plastic bag or shower cup so that the juice will get deeper into your skin. Then, rinse off the onion juice from your hair with warm water and mild shampoo. Ladies, you already know that the smell of the onion is quite strong, so we recommend performing this method at night before going to bed or during the weekend. Repeat this treatment 3 times a week and get ready to be amazed!