Rules For Avoiding Cancer From The Author of The Most Famous Book About The Fight Against Cancer
Read the rules created by the famous Dr. David Servan-Schreiber author of the most famous book about cancer called Anticancer-The new way of life. Dr Serven was once diagnosed with brain cancer with only 32 years old but he managed to heal himself completely. Through a series of studies and research Dr. Servan became a relevant author in this field worldwide. In his work, through a series of studies and practical facts he proves that each of us carries cancer and that our lifestyle and our diet, and not our genes determine whether we will get this terrible disease, or successfully cure it.
Dr David Servan-Schreiber, MD, PhD, was a clinical professor of psychiatry at the University of Pittsburgh and co-founder of the Center for Integrative Medicine and member of the board of the Society for Integrative Oncology.
The book ‘Anticancer’ is a New York Times bestseller and has been translated into more than thirty languages.
These are the simple rules the of diet and lifestyle that must be followed according to Dr. Servan in order to avoid becoming ill from cancer or successfully fight with it:
1) Go back to retro meals. Your main meals should consist of 80% vegetables and 20% animal protein. Meat should be used as a supplement in small quantities for adding flavor and not as a main course.
2) Eat a variety of vegetables: Eat different vegetables from meal to meal or within each meal. Broccoli is effective anticancer food but is even more effective in combination with tomato sauce or white, or red onions. Bring in the habit of adding white and/or red onions in your meals or cooking.
3) Eat organic: Choose organic foods whenever possible. However, remember that it is better to eat broccoli that have been exposed to pesticides than not eating broccoli at all. (This rule applies to all anticancer vegetable)
4) Spice up your food: add turmeric (curcumine) and pepper in salads and cooked food. This yellow spice is the most powerful natural anti-inflammatory ingredient. When you can and mediterranean herbs in your food: thyme, oregano, basil, rosemary, mint and so on. These herbs besides giving flavor, helps in reducing the cancer cells.
5) Avoid potatoes: potatoes raise blood sugar, which stimulates inflammation in the body and cancer growth. Potatoes often contain high amounts of pesticides.
6) Eat fish: Eat fish two or three times a week. Sardines, mackerel, sardines contain much less mercury in their bodies than larger fish such as tuna. Avoid swordfish and shark, which contain high concentrations of harmful substances.
7) Remember not all eggs are created equal: Eat only eggs that are formed predominantly of omega-3 ingredients or otherwise avoid the yolk. Chickens are often fed with corn and soybeans that contains 20 times more omega 6 fats which cause inflammation unlike than omega 3 fats.
8) Change the type of edible oils: Use oils that do not contain a lot of omega 6 fats. So use olive oil instead of sunflower, corn and soybean oils.
9) At all costs, avoid white flour and its products (pastries, donuts, baguettes, white bread, etc.). When cooking pasta use the al dante way of shorter cooking so that you do not overcook the pasta because it raises the glycemic values of the food.
10) Reduce sugar intake to a minimum and avoid the use of soda drinks, fruit juices and candies and cakes. Replace them with fresh fruit and variety. Read the content of the product carefully and if the first three ingredients are any type of sugar, glucose syrup and similar do not use them. If you have a burning desire for sweets you can use a couple of squares of dark chocolate containing 70% or more cocoa.
11) Go for green: Instead of coffee or fruit teas, use 3 cups of green tea per day. The regular use of green tea is associated with a significant reduction in the risk of cancer.
12) Make exceptions: It is what you consume every day and not what you sometimes eat or drink.
1) Be active: Make time for exercise, walking, running, dancing … Define yourself at least 30 minutes of any activity five times a week. This can be the most ordinary walking to work or to the store. Choose an activity you enjoy and there is greater chance that you will be practice it.
2) Accept the sun’s rays: Try to be at least 20 minutes in the sun without protection or glass between you and the sun. This will boost your natural production of vitamin D. Otherwise, take vitamin D3 as an addition after consulting a physician.
3) Get rid of chemicals: Well ventilate your clothing if you take it to the dry cleaners often. Don’t heat up food in plastic bottles and containers. Avoid cosmetics that contain parabens or patal. Do not use chemical pesticides on houseplants or in the garden. Throw out your damaged-teflon cookware. Do not keep your cell phone near or against the body when not in use.
4) Contact your friends: Call and hang out with friends especially when you need support or when you are stressed even if it is over the internet. Hug people that are dear to you.
5) Remember to breathe: Learn some basic techniques of relaxation through breathing and use them whenever you are stressed
6) Learn how you can help your community and the people in it and do it. Because of that, you will feel good.
7) Make sure you do at least one thing for yourself that you love whenever you can.