Are you troubled with earache, poor response to sounds, diarrhea, headache, tugging the ear, fluid drainage from the ear, vomiting, problems with sleeping or fever. These are very common symptoms when you suffer from ear infection. It may be caused by the bacteria and viruses in the middle ear and it happens more often to kids that to adults.
There are many different remedies used for this purpose, and here are the most effective:
This is probably the most available home remedy that you can use.
- Heat up one cup of salt on a pan over low heat for a few minutes. You can also heat it in a microwave or double-boiler.
- Place the hot salt on a cloth and seal the open end.
- When it is warm, put the salt on the ear for 5 to 10 minutes.
- You can repeat this as many times as you need during the day The heat helps draw out fluid from the ear and stops swelling and pain.
There are more ways to use this very effective remedy for treating ear infection. Here’re some:
- Make garlic oil by cooking two garlic cloves in two tablespoons of sesame oil or mustard oil until it turns blackish. Strain the solution. When it is bearably hot, use two to four drops of this oil in the infected ear as ear drops.
- Alternatively, you can also boil two or three fresh garlic cloves in water for five minutes, then crush them and add some salt. Put the mixture in a clean cloth and place it against the affected ear.
- Consuming two to three cloves of raw garlic daily also helps speed up the healing process.
The basil can help you to reduce the infection and to stop the pain.
- Extract juice from five fresh basil leaves. Put the juice around the ear. Try not to get juice inside the ear.
- You can also mix a few drops of holy basil oil with an equal amount of carrier oil like coconut oil. Soak a cotton ball in the mixture and gently wipe just inside the ear, around the outer edge and behind the ear. Repeat the process twice daily.
Apple cider vinegar
It is the option for you when it comes to word about any fungal infection.
- Mix one part apple cider vinegar with an equal amount of water or alcohol. Soak a cotton ball in the solution.
- Put the cotton ball in your ear like a plug and leave it for about five minutes.
- Remove the cotton ball and lay down on your opposite side to drain the liquid from the ear. Use a hair dryer to dry your ear as much as possible.
You should use olive oil to clean the Eustachian tubes when they are blocked due to wax in the ear.
- Warm some olive oil. Put a few drops of the warm oil into the infected ear.
- The wax will then soften. Remove the infected wax.
- You can also use mustard oil in the same way as olive oil.
Warm water bottle
You can use this in order to quickly relieve some of the paint, and it will also prevent micro-organism infestation.
- Place warm water bottle or heating pad against the ear.
- You can also use a warm compress. Dip a clean washcloth in lukewarm water, ring out the excess water and then place the washcloth on the infected ear.
- Do not put heat too long. Start with five minutes, then remove it. Wait for a while and you put it again
When we hear onion, we always think about how it’s used in food. But it is also great in treating a lot of diseases, including ear infection.
- Put one chopped onion in the microwave for one to two minutes. Allow it to cool and then strain out the onion juice. Put two to three drops of the juice in the infected ear, leave it for sometime and then turn your head to let it drain out of your ear.
- You can also bake an onion for half an hour, cut it into halves and put one half in a thick cotton cloth. Place the cloth on the infected ear for five minutes. Wait for 10 minutes and then repeat the process.
Tea tree oil
Because of its mild antibacterial properties, it can give an instant relief from earache.
- Put three drops of tea tree oil, two tablespoons of olive oil, a teaspoon of colloidal silver and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Warm the mixture a little bit.
- Put the mixture in the ear and leave it for 5 minutes. Then turn and lay on your other side so that the mixture drains out of your ear completely.
- Repeat this two to three times a day for two days.
Mango leaf juice
Extract from this fruit leaf is a quick and effective way to get rid of earache.
- Crush or grind two to three soft mango leaves to extract the juice. Slightly warm the juice.
- Using a dropper, put three to four drops of the juice into the infected ear. Within a few minutes, you will feel relief from the pain.
- Follow this remedy two to three times a day for full relief from ear infection.
These remedies can help treat minor ear infections. If there is no improvement within a couple of days, seek medical attention.
Article source: www.fitbodycenter.com