Sitali Pranayama – Body Cooling Yoga Technique That Works Like Magic!
June 21, 2015
| Alternative Health
Sitali pranayama is one of the rare yoga breathing techniques with which you breathe on your mouth and “sitali” means fresh, old breath. It cools the whole organism, keeps the blood cold, refreshes and relaxes the mind and body. When we breathe through this pranayama we decrease the body’s temperature and activate the parasympathetic nervous system which will bring us peace and relaxation. Sitali pranayama is very useful in the hot summer or spring days when we are very tense or when we need to improve our concentration.
How to do it:
- Sit comfortable in any position for meditation
- Put your arms in a gyan mudra position (the tip of your index finger and thumb are together, other fingers are relaxed)
- Roll your tongue in U shape in the same time wrapping it with your lips
- Take a deep breath from your mouth in the same manner as with straw. Feel your lungs filling with air.
- After taking deep breath, close your mouth and keep the breath and put your tongue on your palate. Keep it there while concentrated on keeping cold with your tongue.
- Than exhale slowly through your nose.
Repeat this exercise 3-5 times or if needed till you feel the sensation of cooling and refreshing. This technique is done without locking (bandha) because it increases body temperature.
Sitali pranayama is great for the hot summer days, when we are tense or when we need to improve our concentration.
error: Content is protected !!