The Truth About Cast Iron Pans: 10 Facts That You Must Know
October 8, 2015
The old tale is true: cooking in a cast-iron skillet does increase the body`s absorption of this significant metal. If you are still not cooking in a cast iron cookware, read these 10 reasons why you should buy and use a cast iron skillet.
10 Reasons to Use Cast Iron Cookware
- It provides you with Iron. Cast iron cookware is the only cookware that will provide you with nutritional benefits. Every time you cook it releases a small amount of iron into the food. This will help increase your iron levels, especially if you cook with acidic foods like tomatoes.
- It is toxic free. Most non stick pans release toxins into the food once they’re scratched (and all of them eventually get scratched). Unlike them, cast iron cookware is absolutely safe to use.
- Food comes out tastier. Pre-seasoned cast iron cookware requires less oil to cook with, and the food comes out flavored. It gives your food the best crust and it tastes much better.
- It is very durable. If you take a proper care of it, your cast iron cookware can last a lifetime. You also can re-season and recondition it as many times as you want.
- It’s not expensive. A new, pre-seasoned cast iron skillet can cost as low as $20.00. That’s not expensive at all for an investment that you can even pass on to your grandchildren.
- Easy to clean. Washing cast iron doesn’t require soap. You just need a non-abrasive sponge and hot water.
- It’s been used for more than 2,500 years. Cast iron was first made during the 4th century B.C. in China and in the 12th century it was spread to England. It became popular in the United States in the 18th century.
- It’s non-stick. If it is properly seasoned, the cast iron skillet is going to be non-stick. This is due to the oils from previous cooking building up into a natural non-stick coating on the pans.
- Heating benefits. Cast iron pans distribute heat evenly. Most other non stick pans cannot be used on high heat because their thin metal isn’t able to distribute heat quickly.
- You can use them on your stove top, oven, or charcoal grill. You can put them inside the oven and even on top of a charcoal grill because they can withstand various heating levels without damaging their shape.
error: Content is protected !!