Coconut oil and weight loss
If you want to lose weight faster, you should consider adding coconut oil to your healthy diet. Coconut oil is great for losing weight and should be a part of every healthy diet, because it can reduce hunger cravings and it can keep you fuller for a longer period of time. Coconut oil is also good for boosting energy levels and it helps you burn more fat. The best thing about losing weight with coconut oil is that coconut oil will not only help you lose weight, but it will reduce the dangerous and stubborn fat in your abdominal area. This fat tissue is also known as visceral fat. Except coconut oil, you can also use macadamia nuts and other foods rich in healthy fats, which will also boost the fat burning process.
Health Benefits of Coconut Oil:
- Coconut oil can improve cholesterol levels and lower the risk of heart disease
- Coconut oil helps you get into ketosis
- Coconut oil helps your body fight infections
- Coconut oil reduces inflammation and boosts thyroid health
- Coconut oil is commonly used in cosmetic (great moisturizer, protects hair)
- People who ate a lot of coconuts are the healthiest people in the world!
Is Coconut oil good for you?
Some people experience extremely high cholesterol levels while they are following a very low-carb ketogenic diet. Even though many studies didn’t found any relation between high cholesterol levels and heart disease, still some experts say that very high cholesterol can increase the risk of heart disease. Still, you have to be careful. Although there is no definite proof about that, it doesn’t mean that eating a lot of saturated fat is safe for you. People who suffer from hypercholesterolemia should be extra careful. High cholesterol levels aren’t a common experience among people, but there are a few people who experience it, maybe 20 – 30 %). It’s still unknown, is it because of the genetics or other factors are responsible for that, especially if you are on a low-carb diet. If you are experiencing high cholesterol levels, you should reduce the intake of coconut oil.
A registered dietitian, specialized in low-carb diets, Franziska Spritzler has a brilliant article on her website. She explains that she have seen a lot of people on ketogenic diet, who had high cholesterol levels before they start the ketogenic diet, and their cholesterol levels rises only slightly or not at all during the diet. And she also says that a lot of medical experts in this area don’t really know is the risk of getting heart disease lower in people who use low-carb diet.
What is the Best Coconut Oil for Weight Loss?
Be aware that not all coconut oils are created equal for weight loss purposes! While coconut oil is very resistant to heat damage, solvents are frequently used to extract it, so sourcing high quality oil from a reputable company is of paramount importance to avoid any chemical residues. Using only organic virgin coconut oil therapeutically for your weight loss efforts is a good idea as all the delicate micronutrients in the oil will be preserved and no chemicals will have been used in processing.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Weight Loss
Twenty minutes before mealtime is the best time to take your coconut oil as it will significantly reduce appetite and help you to feel full more quickly and be satisfied with smaller portions. To liquefy, mix 1-2 tablespoon of coconut oil in a mug and add hot water or herbal tea
Use the following guidelines to determine how much oil to consume before each meal:
- 90-130 lbs, use 1 tablespoon coconut oil before each meal for a total of 3 tbl per day.
- 131-180 lbs, use 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil before each meal for a total of 4.5 tbl per day.
- Over 180 lbs use 2 tablespoons coconut oil before each meal for a total of 6 tbl per day.
Purpose – What type you should buy?
- Cooking — Refined Coconut Oil
- Weight Loss — Virgin Coconut Oil
- As a Carrier Oil — Virgin Coconut Oil, Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Good Health — Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Coconut Oil
- Massaging — Pure Coconut Oil, Refined Coconut Oil
- Hair — Pure Coconut Oil, Refined Coconut Oil
- Medicinal uses — Virgin Coconut Oil, Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
Image via KetoDietApp.com