Swedish scientists have announced that a diet rich in vegetables can prevent acute pancreatitis. During the 11th annual survey, they collected data from approximately 80,000 adult respondents. The study participants took an average of 2 servings of fruits and 2.5 servings of vegetables a day. It has been shown that the consumption of vegetables was not associated with the prospects for development of acute pancreatitis, while increased consumption of vegetables (more than 4 meals a day) led to 44% reduction in the risk of having acute pancreatitis.
The pancreas plays an important role in digestion. The food leaves the stomach and goes into the small intestine where it is mixed with the digestive enzymes of the pancreas, which neutralize stomach acid and prevent damage to the intestine. But this is only the beginning of the story about the importance of the pancreas.
The enzymes produced by the pancreas break down the food so that the body can absorb it. The pancreas produces insulin, which lowers blood sugar levels and enables you to store energy. Healthy food nourishes and heals the pancreas and prevents painful inflammation of the pancreas – pancreatitis. Here is a list of the healthiest foods for a healthy pancreas.
1. Blueberries, cherries – they are a good source of antioxidants, which protect the cells from damage.
2. Broccoli and vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, cabbage and cauliflower contain powerful phytochemicals that protect you from cancer.
3. Garlic and onions are a good source of important nutrients that are essential for the health of the pancreas and cancer prevention.
4. Red grape is an excellent source of resveratrol, a strong antioxidant. But if you have inflammation of the pancreas, avoid red wine, and eat black grapes instead.
5. Red Reishi mushrooms reduce inflammation, and the Chinese use them to establish a balance in the body.
6. Spinach is a good source of iron and vitamin B, two elements that are essential for the pancreas. Other green leafy vegetables are also useful.
7. Sweet potatoes and other orange and yellow vegetables, such as carrots, corn and pumpkins, contain ingredients that are essential for the health of the pancreas.
8. Tofu is an excellent example of a low fat protein. The pancreas needs proteins, but too much fat makes it difficult for it to work properly.
9. Tomato soup. You should know that the tomato is an excellent source of vitamin C and other antioxidants. And it is always good to consume fluids.
10. Yogurt with active cultures is a good source of probiotics – beneficial bacteria that protect the immune and digestive systems. Always consume sugar-free yogurt.