Top 10 Shocking Reasons to Avoid Soy Milk
Although there’s growing evidence to the contrary, mainstream nutritional guidelines instruct Americans to eat soy and drink soy milk. However, soy milk is not a healthy choice. You’re not doing yourself a favor when you drink soy milk, and you are destroying your health instead. You should take a look at these reasons why you should stay away from soy milk.
Soymilk (Filtered Water, Whole Soybeans), Cane Sugar, Sea Salt, Carrageenan, Natural Flavor, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin B12.
TOP TEN REASONS TO AVOID SOY MILK
- Soybeans contain large quantities of natural toxins or “antinutrients”. Just two glasses of soy milk a day can drastically alter women’s menstrual cycle.
- Soy has been found to increase the body’s requirements for vitamin B12 and vitamin D.
- Soybeans also contain the clot-promoting substance hemagglutinin, which causes the red blood cells to clump together.
- 99% of soy is genetically modified. It is a food that contains one of the highest contaminations by pesticides.
- Soybeans and soy products have high levels of phytic acid, which hinders the assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc.
- Soy foods have high levels of toxic aluminum, which negatively affects the nervous system and the kidneys, and has been associated to the onset of Alzheimer’s.
- Soy contains a compound that resembles vitamin B12 and that cannot be processed by the body. As a result, soy foods can contribute to B12 deficiency.
- When processed, fragile soy proteins are exposed to high temperatures in order to make soy protein isolate and textured vegetable protein, which makes them dangerous for human digestion.
- Soy contains toxic isoflavones. The soy isoflavones genistein and daidzein can stimulate an existing breast cancer growth, which is extremely risky for women who have breast cancer. (Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2001 Sep; 35(9):118-21).
- Soy contains plant estrogens, called phytoestrogens, which interrupt the endocrine function and lead to breast cancer and infertility in women.
Carrageenan in Soy Milk
Many scientific, peer-reviewed studies found that food-grade carrageenan can cause ulcerations, gastrointestinal inflammation, lesions and even colon cancer in laboratory animals. Furthermore, new studies, funded by the American Diabetes Association, have related the consumption of food-grade carrageenan to glucose intolerance and insulin resistance in mice.