Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
Well, unfortunately, many people around the world use the painkiller ibuprofen on an almost daily basis! Some people use it when they have a headache, others when they experience muscle pain or other health problems. Ibuprofen, (also known by the name Motrin and Advil), and other anti-inflammatory drugs are in the news again, and not for a good reason. Many medical experts around the world claim that these drugs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, or NSAIDs), have serious side effects and are a major cause of drug-induced injury. According to the latest statistics, the medical experts say that these drugs are estimated to cause at least 16,000 deaths per year and send 100,000 people to the emergency room in the U.S.
You should know that the most common problems caused by these nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, or NSAIDs are: digestive ulcers and associated bleeding. Well, this is why some doctors and medical experts give a drug to reduce stomach acid to minimize the stomach-damaging effects of NSAIDs. But, you should be careful as well, because that drug is not without side effects of its own. Many different studies have discovered an increased risk of other conditions, including atrial fibrillation, where the heartbeat becomes rapid and weak; kidney damage; and delayed or blocked healing, both of fractures and soft tissue injuries.
Better Safe Than Sorry
The million-dollar question – how ibuprofen works? We can answer that for you – it works by blocking the formation of prostaglandin, prostacyclin and thromboxane products, which are important mediators of inflammation and pain. And, when the drug is metabolized by the liver, it most strongly affects this organ, causing injury, liver failure, or disease (jaundice) over time. The FDA has also warned against the use of these drugs since 2005 because it increases your risk of heart attack.
The organization has since emphasized the warning with the following information:
- Heart attack and stroke risk increase even with short-term use, and the risk may begin within a few weeks of starting to take an NSAID.
- You should know that this risk increases with higher doses of NSAIDs taken for longer periods of time.
- And, unfortunately, the risk is high, especially for people who already have heart disease, though even people without heart disease may be at risk.
You should also know that ibuprofen and other NSAIDs can also raise blood pressure and cause heart failure, even with short-term use. This is really dangerous, especially for people over 40, who have a much higher risk of heart disease than younger adults. Because it takes a long to feel the destructive effects of NSAIDs, most people simply ignore these warnings and underestimate the danger of these drugs. Instead, they continue to rely on pills for daily aches and pains.
The Natural Alternative
We’re talking about the super healthy spice – turmeric! And yes, turmeric isn’t just a spice, it’s a medicine. The experts say that (in some cases) turmeric works much better than drugs in fighting health problems such as fatty liver disease, arthritis, weight loss, depression and even cancer. How this works – well, the active compound in turmeric, curcumin, has analgesic properties comparable to ibuprofen. It dulls the sensation of pain by triggering a response in the opioid receptors in the brain. Unlike drugs, though, turmeric doesn’t cause addiction.
A recent study, published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, has discovered that turmeric is effective in treating osteoarthritis as well. And, over a period of six weeks, a portion of the participants received 800mg of ibuprofen and the remaining subjects took 2,000mg of turmeric. At the end of the study, those who ate turmeric demonstrated better results showing that the all-natural spice is not only more effective but also safer than popping pills. And, if you want to use this spice outside the kitchen, you should make your own turmeric supplements by following the simple instructions below.
DIY Turmeric Supplements
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1/3 cup organic, ground turmeric
- big pinch of ground black pepper
- 3 tbs. raw, organic honey
- 1 tbs. melted coconut oil
- First, you should mix all ingredients together in a bowl to make a paste.
- After that, you should take pinches of the turmeric paste and roll them into small balls.
- Then, you need to put it in a freezer for about 1 hour and remove.
- Make sure you store it in a glass container and keep it in your refrigerator.
- You should take 2-3 a day.
Note: you can also opt to drink the spice with the following recipe.
- Here’s what you need to do – you should mix one tablespoon of turmeric powder, one cup of honey and the juice of one squeezed lemon in a glass
- Mix the combination well
- And now, you should add 1 teaspoon of this mixture to a cup of warm water or tea
- Enjoy the pain-relieving cocktail three times a day and you will see results in no time
Well, you can ensure proper absorption of turmeric by mixing in a little bit of fats (like coconut oil) and some black pepper. We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You and have a good one!