You should know that turmeric is one of the best anti-aging, anti-oxidant, and anti-inflammatory super spice with a whole range of amazing health benefits. After you read the following you’ll start adding a teaspoon of it in each of your meals.
- Decreasing of inflammation – long-term inflammation is connected to disease which cause long-lasting damage and eventually leading to death. If you have additional help in decreasing inflammation, then it means that your body can retain overall health.
- Decreasing the risk of brain disease – the risk of brain diseases are decreased in the correlation to the increase of BDNF hormone in your brain. All this is due to the improved functioning of the brain and can also reverse the effects already present in the brain.
- Preventing cancer – it is able to fight free radicals and help in maintaining healthy cells. Curcumin can block the enzymes which promote the growth of cancer cells.
- Preventing and treating Alzheimer’s disease – it is able to improve overall brain health and can prevent or slow down the progression of Alzheimer’s through the process of removing amyloid plaque buildup in the brain. These are actually types of proteins which play a vital role in different neuro-degenerative disorders.
- Improves digestion – turmeric stimulates the gallbladder, reduces bloating and gas and may also help in treating bowel inflammation. When a person suffers from a gallbladder disease, turmeric shouldn’t be taken as a supplement because it may worsen the condition.
- Lowering the risk of heart disease – some of the properties of the turmeric are to reduce bad cholesterol, prevent blood clotting, and remove plaque build-ups in the arteries.
- Antioxidants start working more effectively – curcumin has the ability to act like an antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals which further react with fatty acids or DNA, with negative effects on the body. If you minimize the effects of free radicals it will be of great benefit to your body.
- Helping with arthritis pain – turmeric acts like an anti-inflammatory in arthritis pain which is due to joint inflammations. Thus, this super spice addresses the issue and helps with the pain and decreased function caused by arthritis.