Did you know that the human liver is the largest solid organ in the human body and it also has more than 500 different functions, including neutralizing toxins, fighting infections and manufacturing proteins and hormones?
The answer is YES. You should also know that the human liver has the capacity to regenerate itself after injury. It’s the only organ in your body which can do so. You should know that the liver is your first line of defense against toxins, which acts like a filter in preventing toxic substances contained in foods from passing into your blood stream.
Ladies and gentlemen, you should take a really good care of your liver! Why? Well, that’s easy to answer – because without your liver, you’re prone to toxic overload and chronic illness. There are a lot of different diseases that can harm the liver, like hepatitis A, B and C, liver cirrhosis and all kinds of medications and pills that destroy the liver.
Does the name tamarind ring any bell? This amazing fruit is part of the traditional healing techniques in Africa and Asia for centuries. This super healthy fruit is very useful for the cardiovascular system and soothing of the gastrointestinal distress. You should also know that this fruit is useful against all liver problems. It can also eliminate the fat in your liver.
How to use it:
Here’s what you need to do – first, you need to put two handfuls of peeled tamarind in a blender. Then, you need to add one liter of water. Mix it well. The next step is to strain the mixture. You can consume this beverage during the day. Or, you can try this alternative instead – put 25 well-washed tamarind leaves in a pot with 1 liter of water. You need to boil the mixture for 15-20 minutes. Leave it to cool down. Note: you can add some honey or brown sugar if you want. Drink this tea twice a day, one cup in the morning, and one cup in the evening.
Tamarind – HEALTH BENEFITS:
- You can use this fruit to fight constipation. It’s very simple – just boil some tamarind fruit and eat a few tablespoons.
- Tamarind will also help you reduce the levels of acidity in your body and promote the function of the bile in the liver.
- People also use tamarind leaves against malaria fever.
- It contains high amounts of Vitamin C, which makes it a powerful antioxidant. Vitamin C is important for maintaining the body functions more and preserving healthy gums.
- It will improve your cardiovascular health.
- You can use the tamarind leaves to fight intestinal infections in children.
- Tamarind is loaded with antioxidants (phenols and naringenin), which are very effective in the fight against some cancers.
- Tamarind contains high amounts of thiamin, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, fiber, calcium and niacin.