Why Baking Soda Is One Of The Greatest Things You Could Use. Here is What You Didn’t Know Baking Soda Could Do
Baking soda is likely the most inexpensive health remedy in the world. It is effective at combating everything from colds to cancer, as well as beneficial for oral health, deodorants and so much more. If it’s one thing you want in your home pharmacy, its baking soda. Health benefits of baking soda include reduced risk and prevention of diarrhea, metabolic acidosis, acidity, peptic ulcer, and drug in-toxification. It has anti-ich or antipruritic properties which help in maintaining healthy skin. It is effective home remedy in cold and flu and plaque removal. It is a good source of sodium – prevents hyperkalemia, bladder infection and kidney stones. In this article we are going to talk about baking soda uses that you haven’t heard before:
Old Wives’ Remedy
- After an intensive and hard exercise, you can drink a mixture of water and baking soda, to relieve your muscles.
- Put some baking soda on a used nail brush and use it to scrub your nails to remove grime and nail fungus.
- Make a mixture out of: 3 tbs. baking soda, 1 tbs. peppermint essential oil, 1 tbs. salt and warm water. Use this mixture to soak your hands and feet for 20 minutes, to relieve itching, soreness and odor.
- Mix a baking soda with water and use it to gargle with it. It will make your breath fresh.
- Use it as toothpaste. Sprinkle some baking soda on your toothbrush and brush your teeth with it. It’s the best home remedy for teeth whitening.
- You can use baking soda scrub to remove excess facial oil and dead skin cells on your face. You need to mix 1tbs. baking soda with 1 tsp. water and use it to gently scrub your face.
- You can use baking soda to relieve bee stings, insect bites, itching from poison ivy, oak, etc.
- Make a baking soda-water mixture and apply it to canker sores and herpes. It will dry them out very fast.
Home Remedies For Acid Reflux
You need to mix ½ tsp. baking soda with 2 tbs. of fresh lemon juice or organic apple cider vinegar. You should use a bigger cup to make this mixture, because it will fizz. Wait until the bubbling stops and then add 8 oz. water. You have to drink this remedy all at once. This mixture will neutralize the pH, it will help you relieve acid reflux and create and alkaline-forming environment in your body.
You can also use baking soda to relieve heartburn and GERD symptoms. All you have to do is mix ½ tsp. baking soda with 16 oz. water.
Other Baking Soda Home Remedies
- In his book, Sodium Bicarbonate, Dr. Mark Sircus explains the findings of Dr. Simoncini, which are related with cancer overgrowth and explores alternative treatments with baking soda. Dr. Mark explains that if you wish to prevent systematic fungal infections and protect yourselves from diabetes and cancer, you should use a mixture of baking soda and molasses.
- Mix baking soda and water and gargle with it. It will remove all the oral thrush.
- Drink 8 oz. water mixed with ½ tsp. baking soda, twice a day. It will help you treat urinary tract infection.
- You can also use baking soda mixture with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to relieve a thrombosis.
- Douche with a mixture of 1 tbs. baking soda mixed with warm water to kill Candida yeast and stop itching.
Baking soda remedies should not be used by pregnant or nursing women or children under the age of 5. You should be very careful when you use baking soda. Even though is safe when it’s used as directed, still, baking soda can cause some undesired side effects, especially when it interacts with prescription medications. That’s why you have to consult your doctor before you start using these baking soda home remedies. Another important thing you should know is that you can use baking soda after it’s been dissolved in liquid, never in its dry form. You should not use baking soda home remedies if you are on a low sodium diet, because it may deplete your body of essential vitamins and minerals. Also remember, don’t use baking soda remedies more than 14 days without consulting your doctor.